Mario Goebbels (Webmail) wrote:
>> As I mentioned in my earlier reply, based on the MD5 checksum that
>> Stephen quoted, the image on the torrent should be the non-LZMA
>> version.  Are you seeing a noticable degradation in all areas or just
>> from an installation perspective?
>
> It wasn't so long ago when I had to reinstall DP2, on the old machine,
> which felt like it booted faster from the LiveCD than 2008.05 on this new
> machine. But if it's not the LZMA ISO, then it's just a placebo.

I've also experienced a much slower experience over all, but I can't point at
what may be causing it [1]. I thought it might be gam_server and the file
notifications, and while that does help to some extent, I don't think it's the
root cause.

Any insight you can provide into what you're experiencing would be helpful to
debug.

Glynn

[1] Unfortunately during the cpio steps, my machine seems to go into a loop
    and not recover