> it shouldn't be easy to
> accidentally activate by English keyboard users.
>

> --
> Shawn Walker

Yes, that happens to me "a lot", too.  Come to think about it, I noticed many
keyboards I saw in China and Taiwan have the "function" key, instead of the
Control key, at the lower left corner; & it's almost impossible to incidentally
activate the IM (thus, no problem for them, but big problem for us).

Unless we are willing to mail-order those keyboards, perhaps this gives us a
good incentive to re-think the Ctrl-space default?