I am attaching a pair of screenshots to show an example of the Chinese font
display problem in OOo/SO dialog window.  I was hoping this problem can be
solved in OOo 3.0, but it has not.

Screenshot OOo3a.jpg shows that the file name "胡锦涛总书记.odt" (Mr. Hu Jintao,
President of China) is correctly shown in the title bar (1) and in the status
bar (2), both are part of the Indiana system.  However, it is (very) badly
garbled in the file dialog window (3), which is part of OpenOffice.org.  This
screenshot was taken running OOo3-beta2 in RC2a under the US locale.

Screenshot OOo2a.jpg shows a similar problem when running OOo 2.4.0 in RC2a
under the Chinese locale.

In Solaris Express, I was able to somewhat get around this problem, but I don't
seem to be able to duplicate my luck in RC2a.  Also, the default western fonts
in the Chinese locale don't seem to look as nice as in the US locale.

OOo and SO are not a part of the Indiana LiveCD; thus, these problems can be (&
probably should be) taken care of in the future.  It doesn't make us look good
if we couldn't even properly display the name and title of Mr. Hu in our
product.  ;-(