I've been with Firefox 3.0 since its alpha and beta releases(on Nevada
and now OpenSolaris), and keep gmail open every day. The crash I met on
OpenSolaris seems to be related to the flash player plugin. After I
remove it from my box, Firefox 3.0 works fine.

Any other add-ons do you have? extensions? plugins? How about "firefox
--safe-mode" to launch Firefox 3.0? Any core stack for your crash? Do
you have a crash report dialog pops up after the crash like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/2347584752/?

Cheers,
-Alfred