Rob wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Rob
>> so .. why drop another ISO if the process works as
>> expected ?
>>

> 1. it's nice to not have to install 1gb of updates on each test system we
> install
> 2. we install onto dell servers, which currently requires the manual install
> of the mega_lsi driver... which is now included with >snv90
> 3. if a new user installs 2008.5, IPS is fairly broken- main bugs that i'm
> aware of are:
> * no local package cache
> * does not handle repo timeouts cleanly
> * installs packages that don't belong to current snv release, e.g., if i
> install 2008.5, then do pkg install SUNWapache (without first installing the
> new ips...) it will install SUNWapache from snv91
>
> I'm sure there are some other ips bugs... but these are pretty serious deal
> killers for new users
> --

This is my deal killer.  I've been sticking with SXCE due to these
reasons mainly, though there are others, mainly related to the amount of
software available, and some of the behavior being strange with key
applications.  It's cutting-edge in nature, I just trust SXCE a little
more until they respin another ISO.

James