[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >>  If those don't match, then we have a verify bug.
> >
> >Indeed, they differ.
>
> Does "pkg verify -f" report an error though?

Yes:

$ pkg verify SUNWfirefox

$ pkg verify -f SUNWfirefox
PACKAGE                                             STATUS
pkg:/SUNWfirefox                                     ERROR
        file: usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so
                Unexpected Exception: failed to load dynamic section

I hadn't noticed the -f to verify; seems unintuitive that it needs
a flag to do what one would think 'verify' does. Looks like verify
without -f doesn't do much if it fails to detect truncated files.

Anyway, interactive use aside (where aparte from the unintuitiveness I
don't really mind one way or the other), I guess the real bug here is
that install/image-update needs to be calling the code which does
verify -f in order to avoid silently delivering corrupt files onto disk.

--
Jyri J. Virkki - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Sun Microsystems