On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 11:12 +0200, Christian Thalinger wrote:
> Since my first image-update didn't complete---couldn't activate the
> new
> BE because there's not enough disk space---I deleted some stuff and
> tried again, without downloading the packages again.  That's what
> happened then:

After unmounting and deleting the unfinished BE, pkg says:

# pkg image-update
Checking that SUNWipkg (in '/') is up to date...
DOWNLOAD                                    PKGS       FILES     XFER (MB)
SUNWipkg-gui-l10n                        577/578        0/13     0.00/0.15
PHASE                                        ACTIONS
Removal Phase                              3373/3373
Update Phase                               9890/9890
Install Phase                              3616/3616
PHASE                                          ITEMS
Reading Existing Index                           8/8
pkg: Result of partial indexing found.
Could not make: /var/pkg/index/TMP
because it already exists. Please use 'pkg rebuild-index' to fix this problem.

The rebuild worked:

# pkg rebuild-index
PHASE                                          ITEMS
Indexing Packages                            710/710

After freeing more space on the rpool, the update worked.  Now booting into
b95...

- twisti