When I switched from Nevada to OpenSolaris, my gnome settings which I brought over from my Nevada home environment preserved my panels.

-- Alan

On 01/12/10 09:24 AM, Gordon Ross wrote:
On 23 Jun 2009, at 15:41, William Yang wrote:

Out of curiosity...is the JDS/one-panel layout
going away?  :(  Our
users
really like it on Solaris 10.
I like it too...

To be decided... but I'd imagine that if and when
SXCE ceases to
exist, we'd at least want to provide a way for a user
to switch
between the one- and two-panel layouts.  (Or more
likely, initially at
least, completely reset their panel to one of those
two default
layouts -- trying to also preserve any panel
customisations they might
have done in the meantime would be rather hard to do
well.)

This is certainly something we've talked about doing
before, as we
know the one-panel layout is pretty much just as
popular as the two-
panel layout.  But we haven't got as far as putting
any actual
development hours into it so far.

Cheeri,
Calum.
Did anything ever come of the idea of offering users
some kind of preference option to get the JDS-style
(one panel) layout instead of the two panel layout?

Is there a simple way one could do this on their own?

Thanks,
Gordon