On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersm...@sun.com> wrote:
> I originally wrote the following to explain the transition to our
> team, and it's been shared with wider and wider audiences internally
> since then.   I've had several people suggest I post an external
> version to explain to the community and users at large what's changing.
>
> I've modified it to use the external sites/terms, dropped some internal only
> details like WebRTI usage, and to incorporate pointers to the revised ON IPS
> transition schedule Liane posted this week - I know she's working on
> docs for the IPS transition that overlap a good deal of this, but
> this focuses on the nearer transition off of SXCE.
>
> Anyone have any suggested changes before I mail this off to
> opensolaris-announce?   Any details of non-desktop bits that
> should be covered in there with Xsun & CDE?
>
>        -alan-

Hi, please do not stop providing a single /dev/fb kernel module.
You know the parts of the reason   ...
(yes, not even the hopeless wildcats ...)

In your own interest  ...
(that of your future customers  ...)

Otherwise you need to explicitly redirect all your legacy PGX8, PGX24,
PGX32, PGX64, Elite3D, Creator, Creator3D customers to me (and *may*be
Expert3D, Expert3Dlite, XVR-500 and XVR-600 in the uncertain future,
this statement is new).
If you want that, ok   ...

As I said, silently I still continued to work on fixing
SPARC-libpciaccess. Now I got external sponsorship and excellent
technical expertise and with joint forces we managed to make
significant (interim-) progress.
But I won´t respond to questions at this time, because ¨almost done¨
means exactly that, not more.

%martin bochnig