> hiya, does anyone know the particular reason why
> savecore is not enabled by default on OSOL ? it had
> always been enabled on Solaris up to
> ONNV so I'd assume this is turned off deliberately ?
>
> PS: reason behind this question is that I lost 17
> hours of reproducing a bug because when it finally
> happened, the dump was lost...

Why exactly is the dump lost?  Does your system have
a dump zvol defined that is used to store system crash
dumps?  Isn't the kernel crash dump still available on that
dump zvol?   Swap and dump should use different zvols
with opensolaris / zfs root, so that a crash dump is not
overwritten when swap space is used.