Indeed as you note, there is more to it than message removal,
my reply was overly simplistic.

On 24/01/2010 11:51 PM, Jürgen Keil wrote:
an extraneous message, this CR is filed to get rid of
it and it is gone in 133.
6910378 WARNING: Memory pressure: TCP defensive mode on

Is it really a harmless message?

Seems that with zfs all system memory can be in use,
and when it's time to clean up some of the cached data
to free some memory, tcp will enter "defensive mode"
and starts to abort connections more aggressively or
rejects accepting  new connections under certain
conditions.

The fix for  6910378 even adds a new tunable "tcp_do_reclaim"
that can be set to 0 to stop the  tcp defensive mode.