I've been aware of the "loud system beep" issue since the early 120 builds of OpenSolaris, and have had a gnome startup process created to run the xset workaround. However, it seems each time I upgrade OpenSolaris, I have to recreate the gnome startup process, and I've noticed with b130 that the system is excessively loud, EVEN when I turn the gnome volume down.

It leads me to ask, at what point did all this system beep stuff change, at why do we even have to deal with it? It never seemed to be a problem with Solaris < OpenSolaris. It's nice that we have a workaround, but seems silly that it's loud to begin with.

Jim