On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Edward Ned Harvey
<sola...@nedharvey.com> wrote:
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/22/sun_schwartz_signoff/
>>
>> I always knew (after 2006 at least) that JS is a God-damn  *TRAITOR*.
>>
>> ¨Upon change in control, every employee needs to emotionally resign
>> from Sun. Go home, light a candle, and let go of the expectations and
>> assumptions that defined Sun as a workplace. Honor and remember them,
>> but let them go.¨
>
> I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all.  He's right.  Those
> people from Sun who are moving on to Oracle ... they are getting new bosses,
> and a new corporate culture, and moving in a new direction.  This is not
> comfortable, but it's better than getting terminated if the company
> collapsed.

And I forgot it in my previous reply: Those words are bad enough.
But did you read the article???
The context in which he said this is his own resignation! Had he
resigned years ago I would have applauded!
But now he is like the captain who runs away from the ship he has sunk himself.
Before running away he took as much gold as he could (the negotiated
golden extra-bonuses he gets).
And his crew??? Uhm, oh...  well?
For THEM all he had were these words.

Still think is is right?
I´m confused.

%m

> Oracle didn't buy Sun to gain their idealism or culture.  They wanted to
> acquire talent and technology.  Those employees who are transitioning ...
> must accept the fact that it is a transition.  Things will not remain the
> same.  They must embrace change, and welcome their new ...  Robotic
> overlords.  ;-)  Seriously though, except the overlords part.

  • ... Martin Bochnig
    • ... Edward Ned Harvey
      • ... Martin Bochnig
        • ... Sriram Natarajan
          • ... Martin Bochnig
            • ... Matthias Pfützner - Principal Field Technologis t - Systems Infrastructure Ambassador - Solution Architect
          • ... Martin Bochnig
            • ... Larry Wake
      • ... Martin Bochnig
      • ... Joerg Schilling