On 05/ 1/10 03:58 AM, Christian Thalinger wrote:
A few days ago I wanted to update my MacBook Pro from b134 to b137 (from
the internal repository) and I got an error like:

pkg: unable to activate opensolaris-137

After asking some questions in #opensolaris (thanks for your help) I
noticed that this is EFI related.

Just for a test I booted back to my older b133 image and tried to
reinstall b134 and I get the same error now:

r...@macbook:~# BE_PRINT_ERR=true pkg image-update

DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
Completed                              670/670 10670/10670  230.2/230.2

be_get_uuid: failed to get uuid property from BE root dataset user properties.
PHASE                                        ACTIONS
Removal Phase                              4881/4881
Install Phase                              5160/5160
Update Phase                             18959/18959
set_bootfs: failed to set bootfs property for pool rpool: property 'bootfs' not
supported on EFI labeled devices
be_activate: failed to set bootfs pool property for rpool/ROOT/opensolaris-135
pkg: unable to activate opensolaris-135

What confuses me is that the update from b133 to b134 obviously worked
before--because I have a b134 image--but it doesn't now.

I'm on b135 myself and haven't seen this issue yet.

I can't think of anything I did that changed anything on the disk or the
partition table, whatever that could be.  Or is this because I tried to
install b137 and that changed something?

What does your partition layout look like? How are you booting the system? (rEFIt?)

Only bug I see possibly related is 6929493 (in the sense that changes for the bug may have triggered this issue possibly).

Cheers,
-Shawn