Keep an eye out for this.  it could be an avenue for WISP's to get State money
for rural broadband.

Bill Status - 2nd reading - 2nd house
Looks like it is proceeding but I'm not sure how many hurdles come after 2nd
reading 2nd house

the qualifications....

ISP that serviced at least 100 customers for 3 consecutive years
Ability to prove funding for the proposed buildout, I believe funding for 20+%
would be needed
Ability to provide at minimum 10Mbps and 25Mbps maximum
Prove the area doesn't have 10Mbps available now

HB 1065 High Speed Internet Service
This legislation was amended this week to establish a grant program for
internet service providers to request assistance in expanding broadband
services to unserved areas. The Office of Community and Rural Affairs will
administer this grant program and the Indiana Economic Development Corporation
will create a map detailing areas of the state which do not have at least one
provider offering internet service at the speed defined by code. While there is
a base amount of funding for the grant in this session, the full funding of the
program will be considered next session when the state budget is created. This
legislation would be the first direct grant program to service providers by the
state to directly assist buildout of the state broadband system.

Sincerely,

Scott LePere
On-Ramp Indiana, Inc.
859 Conner Street
Noblesville, IN 46060
317.774.2100
supp...@ori.net<mailto:supp...@ori.net>

Internet Access, IT Consulting, VoIP & Cloud Services!