Dinesh, I think this should be Cordia subcordata, as you think.
Apart from the sepals, there is a difference in the leaves too. S.
sebestena leaves are supposed to be rough,
and those of S. subcordata smooth. You photograph shows smooth (almost
shiny) leaves.
  Cheers!
  - Tabish

On May 12, 9:40 pm, Dinesh Valke <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> Would this be *Cordia subcordata* ? and not *C. sebestena*.
> I ask because of green coloured sepals (*C.sebestena* has brown), relatively
> large-sized tree (I have seen *C. sebestena* to be small to medium sized)
>
> Place: Veermata Jijabai Bhosale Udyan
> Date: 10 MAY 09
>
> Regards.
>
>  P1250185.jpg
> 221KViewDownload
>
>  P1250188.jpg
> 213KViewDownload
>
>  P1250189.jpg
> 204KViewDownload
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to