Certainly a wonderful idea!!!
Thanks, Singh ji for initiating this operation.
I will post a few which I come across henceforth, keeping these things in
mind.

2009/8/29 Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]>

>  Dear members
>
> A look at the photographs at our webside, I get the impression that genus
> Commelina is least understood/represented. Even the commonest species C.
> benghalensis is misrepresented (probably C. dianthifolia or some other
> species), several are unidentified. All of experienced the inadequate
> knowledge about this genus in few exchanges about C. benghalensis. I had
> earlier suggested to note a few things while photographing or subsequently.
>      This is the perfect season for seeing this genus, many species come up
> during this season. I request members to spend some time with species of
> this genus: Observe or take photographs so that these parts are highlighted:
> leaf sheath, leaf size (l, w) and shape, whther spathe is stalked or not and
> its hairyness, whether it is free upto base or not, length of pedicel and
> peduncle (inside spathe), colour and size of three petals and most
> importantly number of seeds and number of valves of capsule. May something
> interesting comes up.  I have started critically examining species in Delhi,
> and already find interesting results. I will send photographs of C.
> benghalensis in next mail.
>
>
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Associate Professor
> SGTB Khalsa College
> University of Delhi, Delhi
> India
> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45
>
> >
>


-- 
With regards,
J.M.Garg ([email protected])
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
(arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to