Forwarding again for validation please.

efi page on Phyllocephalum
scabridum<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/ar/asteraceae/phyllocephalum/phyllocephalum-scabridum>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>
Date: 7 June 2013 00:40
Subject: [efloraofindia:156864] Asteraceae Week (Part II - Discoid heads)
:: FOR ID ¿ Phyllocephalum scabridum ? near Koraigad :: 15 OCT 10 :: DV43
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

  Asteraceae Week (Part II - Discoid heads)
aster, daisy, or sunflower family
 ¿ *Phyllocephalum scabridum * ? (DC.) K.Kirkman
  Place, Altitude: near Koraigad, Lonavala (about 2000 ft asl)
Date, Time: 15 OCT 10 03:39pm
Habitat: wild, scrub forest along roadside
Habit: herb, about 1.5 - 2 m, flower-head about 15 - 20 mm across.

... the number of (bract-like) leaves beneath the flower-head is less
compared to those in my earlier
post<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/SOhO175Yjzc/ykisarJjxX4J>,
Another what looks like a difference to me is the many-branching of stem at
the top. Would this be some species other than *scabridum * OR would this
be some genus other than *Phyllocephalum* ?
------------------------------

[image: ¿ Phyllocephalum scabridum
?]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F5089186330%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzfb7oIV05Rj30w-u2hUjwFWieNT7Q>

[image: ¿ Phyllocephalum scabridum
?]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F5087033774%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzefeVR2m3np-Fo4pXu7ms-a_RhtLw>

[image: ¿ Phyllocephalum scabridum
?]<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F5086437547%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcCO4GC1yM-3vkyu_H4fIG57wqIQw>
 Regards.
Dinesh

The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world):
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2110 members &
1,56,000 messages on 31/5/13) or Efloraofindia website:
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database
of more than 8500 species).
India'.