Dear Dr. Rawat,
one more rare plant that I /we would perhaps never get to see otherwise....

Very nice to see a rare plant beautifully photographed.
Thank you.

*AND TO ALL MEMBERS>>>>
PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE THE LOCALITY IF YOU KNOW IT*.

its good that you know it, and may be you can help local botanists, forest
dept etc preserve the population, but please do not write it up here on the
internet....

let us respect Dr. Rawat's ideas and sentiments and the endangered species
survival.

if we respect them , then researchers like Dr Rawat will feel bold enough
to keep showing us pictures of rare plants, otherwise such sources stop
showing good things... that's my worry.

thanks everybody

Usha di

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 1:29 PM, D.S Rawat <drdsrawat.alpin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> *Meizotopis pellita* (Hook.f. ex Prain) Sanjappa [= Butea pellita Hook.f.
> ex Prain] is a rare and endemic perennial found in Uttarakhand and Nepal.
> *No photographs of this species exist on any web resource*.
>
> Few days back I was passing through the habitat of this species and found
> it in flowering.
>
> It occurs gregariously in the area and it appears that few hundred
> individuals of this species exist in this particular habitat.
>
> Sharing the pics to show this scarcely photographed endemic. Exact
> locality is intentionally not disclosed here.
>

> DSRawat Pantnagar

Usha di