Thanks Usha di great to touch base with a lively debate after quite a
while. :-)

Its interesting that you should extoll the virtues of case reports because
even i believe that a 'case study approach' is essential to “portrayal
of multi-faceted
explorations of complex issues in healthcare.”

Yes Rahul's video is a case study subsequently enriched by your pointing
out the potential harms and this begs further inquiry. I feel it need not
necessarily be pursued through another experimental design as you rightly
cautioned but gleaned very well through observational data.

Even a review of literature around the question, "How many households with
pigeons (rock pigeons?) roosting and nesting over their water tanks have
family members developing fungal pneumonia or meningitis?" may yield
something and if not a cross-sectional survey of such households to begin
with might?

I won't push empiricism further on you and we are in the same boat.

:-)

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Ushadi Micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com