Dear All and especially to Gargji
               I have not internet access since 24th July, as I was at
AHMEDNAGAR College for delivering an Invitation lead lecture on "Present
Scenario of Eastern Himalayan Plants and our challenges for conservation".
I have come at Darjeeling just now. I was surprised to see my Gaultheria
from Tawang?

It is my favourite plant, I am conversant with this plant since 1999, when
I was a research Fellow at CENTRAL NATIONAL HERBARIUM.
Botanical Name: Gaultheria griffithiana Wight (Ericaceae)
It is never Enkianthus spp. (Which I also revised in India)

I am sure for the above confirmation, as I revised Indian Gaultheria
(Fascicle Of Ericaceae in India: now in St. Joseph Press, Trivandrum, very
soon published under the Editorship of Dr. M. Sanjappa, former Director,
BSI)

Please follow the paper published in PHYTOTAXA (1.79 impact factor) vol.
38: pp. 24-28. 2011 (S.Panda & J.L. Reveal).
Title: Lectotypification of three names in Gaultheria L.  (Where G.
griffithiana type specimen shown).

Regards
Dr. Subhasis Panda
Assistant Prof. in Botany