 From: Shrikant Ingalhalikar <shrikant.ingalhali...@gmail.com>
To: indiantreepix@googlegroups.com
Cc: Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>; Shrikant Ingalhalikar
<shrikant.ingalhali...@gmail.com>; Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com>; Balkar
Singh <balkara...@gmail.com>; Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy
<brspa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:164471] Capparaceae and Cleomaceae Fortnight :
Crataeva religiosa : Mumbai : 030913 : AK-1

Crateva religiosa G.Forst. has leaves acuminate; berry 5 cm, ovoid, brown.
Habitat is not riparian. .
Crateva adansonii DC.has leaves abruptly acuminate; berry 3 cm, globose,
whitish. Habitat riparian
Both occur in western Maharashtra and both can be in a garden, but looking at
fruit and leaves of Jijamata Garden plant it would be C. relogiosa. Regards
Satish ji,