Satish Ji,

As far as I know the height of the stem is not a  constant delimiting
character for any species of Biophytum. You can see same species in
different habitat behave differently. The plant you observed might be in
open place with sufficient sunshine and the same species in shady areas
should have very long stem. While working on Indian Biophytum, Biophtyum
reinwardtii was a nightmare for me. This species often having a long and
slender stem in shady habitat but in open place it is stem less with rosette
of leaves apparetly seems to be a different species. I think your plant also
a case of this? If you have a photograph I can tell you the species.

Thanks Satish Ji

Santhosh