Hi, Avinash ji,
Here are Tabish ji's views in this regard to *Sesamum mulayanum* being a
synonym of  *Sesamum indicum*.
"Dear Mr. Garg,
 As per the Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN), *Sesamum
mulayanum* is a synonym of  *Sesamum indicum*.
    http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?105072
They mention the reference for it:
Verma, D. M. et al. (vol. 1); V. Mudgal et al. (vol. 2).  1993–. Flora
Madhya Pradesh. (F Madhya Prad)
which I am not in a position to check myself.
    As the reference seem to be a recent one, I am inclined to
believe S. mulayanum and S. orientale are synonyms of S. indicum
    Best wishes
    - Tabish"

*I seek further feedback in the matter, if any.*

2009/10/30 Avinash dada <avinash.ad...@gmail.com>

> corolla white, seed smooth whit  S.orientale
> Corolla pink violet, seed black rugose
>

> On 10/29/09, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ... any easy visual clue to differentiate it from S. orientale, Avinash ji
>> ?
>> Regards.
>>

>>  On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Avinash dada
>> <avinash.ad...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> S. mulayanum

J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
(arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en