*Rauvolfia tetraphylla* ... native to tropical Americas ... commonly known
as: American serpentwood, be still tree, devil root, four-leaved
devil-pepper, milkbush • Bengali: বড চন্দ্রিকা bar chandrika, গন্ধনকুলী
gandhanakuli • Hindi: बडा चन्द्रिका barachandrika • Kannada: ದೊಡ್ಡ ಚಮ್ದ್ರಿಕೆ
dodda chandrike • Oriya: patalagarudi • Telugu: papataku
The genus name *Rauvolfia* is also spelt as *Rauwolfia*.

Hoping earnestly Swagat ji to provide the Marathi name !!

Regards.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 7:33 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A reply from Mahandra Prasad ji:
> "This appears to be *Rauvolfia tetraphylla*, from same genus as Rauvolfia
> serpentina  ( Sarpagandha ), family Apocynaceae.  The fruits are green at
> 1st, later turning red and finally black.  Fruit diameter 5 - 7 mm. I  am
> attaching a pix of this plant that was growing in my house at Kolkata.  "
>
> 2009/11/1 Dr Santhosh Kumar <drsanthosh1...@gmail.com>
>
>>   Rauvolfia tetraphylla
>>
>> Santhosh
>>
>> 2009/11/1 J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>
>>
>>>    Re-posting separately with one plant per mail.
>>> "Hi,
>>> Can someone please help identify the following?
>>> The first three were seen in the Adyar Poonga and the last two at the
>>> PWD park in Kotturpuram, Chennai.
>>> The last two picture are the same plant. I thought it resembled
>>> Datura, but am not sure.
>>> Thanks
>>> Chithra"
>>> --
>>> With regards,
>>> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
>>> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
>>> Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora
>>> etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
>>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
>>> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group-
>>> Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>>>

>>> Thiruvananthapuram-695562
>>> Kerala
>>> India