Nice Pics Aarti Ji. Regarding Momordica I observed some interesting things
this year. I grow Karela 3-4 times in my kitchen garden this year from the
seeds of many reputed seed companies, but every time i could get very very
small fruits from all vines of karela. Still one is growing in my house.
Also I have sown seeds for fourth time to see what will happen this time.
This phenomenon was also reported by few other friends. Mystery is still
not resolved. Perhaps the plants of fourth time seeds may give any clue.
Will share pics of those soon
Your pictures appears to be real M. charantia
Thanks and regards
Balkar Singh

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti.kh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This was photographed in the market in Mumbai on 18/8/14.
> Was told it was a wild variety.
> With much smaller fruit, approx 2 inches long.
> Tender fruits, very tasty.
> This is very close to Balkar Ji's post from Morni Hills.
> For correct id please.
> Aarti

Dr Balkar Singh
Head, Deptt. of Botany &