surajit

just a joke:   your plant perhaps thinks its a probashi bangali in aamerika
instead of in uttarpara...

seriously though:
as more and folks take pictures and note down info, i 'm sure we will
discover a lot more about our own plants and animals then did that survey
of a small restricted area of past jamindar's land where he had planted
many "foreign" plants...
have you found ref that this was found in other areas or in earlier times?

on the other hand who is to say this is really a local plant? and not a
true probashi markin?  planted by the jamindar?

usha di

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM, surajit koley <
surajitnotavaila...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lamina of this plant is about 1 ft, found today in a lowland near
> Uttarpara. The problem is *S. montevidensis* is present in West Bengal
> <https://www.academia.edu/3658415/ECOLOGY_AND_BIOLOGY_OF_AQUATIC_AND_TERRESTRIAL_WEEDS_OF_BETHUADAHARI_WILDLIFE_SANCTUARY_NADIA_WEST_BENGAL_INDIA_A._Shil_and_G.G_Maiti>,
> but according to the linked pdf the flowering time is Feb-March, though in
> US it is Jul-Oct.
> Thank you
> Regards
>
>  --