This species of *Saussurea* eluded me for long till I photographed it this
year only. It is not a common *Saussurea*, even less common than *Saussurea
obvallata*, the well known "Brahm Kamal" of Himalaya. Restricted to grassy
slopes around 4000m altitude this species has grasslike leaves urning it
the specific epithet 'graminifolia' and due to such leaves difficult to
locate until in flowering.
Prashant Ji, I still remember many floral beauties captured by you in that
difficult terrain.
Thanks for showing the flora of G.H.N.P.
DSRawat Pantnagar