Anurag Ji,

I request you to count the number of mericarps in Dinesh Ji's photograph
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/6257781510 in the thread
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/1E9XV3RBkZI/LdC_s8ZY-0oJ. I
think the species in that thread is *A. indicum*.

I am sad that my knowledge is so little.

Thank you
Regards
surajit


On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Anurag Sharma <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Thank you very much sir, I too had the doubt about the hair at the hilum.
> If only there was a definitive key that bore absolutely no ambiguity.
>
> I will take this as Abutilon indicum.
>
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 12:59 PM, surajit koley <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> One my request, concerning *Abutilon* in another thread
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/TRSEpDxNHCA/7XzMvXm-4B4J>,
>> has not been addressed yet, leave aside met, yet I have received this mail,
>> perhaps to express my view on it, view of a minnow, Huh!
>>
>> I agree with Dinesh Ji's view. I do not think it is or the one in
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/wzOrPt8dSyA/1h3CqyUe0xUJ is
>> *Abutilon pannosum*.
>>
>> I also do not think this is *Abutilon hirtum*.
>>
>> Except the hairs at hilum, which I fail to explain for want of
>> literature, I think it is probably *Abutilon indicum* G. Don, where number
>> of carpels can be 20 or more
>> <http://biodiversitylibrary.org/page/731298#page/224/mode/1up>. Yes, I
>> read that FoP records, in *A. hirtum*, seed with minute shinning
>> stellate hairs, more so at hilum. At the same time FoC records seeds in *A.
>> indicum* are sparsely stellate.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Regards
>> surajit
>>
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 5:57 PM, J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>>>
>>> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>>>
>>> Anurag, this will not be A. pannosum, and not A.hirtum too.
>>> The links you provided yesterday were helpful to know about pannosum &
>>> hirtum.
>>> Putting them here for quick reference:
>>> *Abutilon hirtum*: herbarium
>>> <http://florakarnataka.ces.iisc.ernet.in/hjcb2/img/herb/Abutilon%20hirtum/P1010874.JPG>
>>> | description
>>> <http://florakarnataka.ces.iisc.ernet.in/hjcb2/img/pdf/Abutilon%20hirtum/245.pdf.jpg>
>>> | picture
>>> <http://florakarnataka.ces.iisc.ernet.in/hjcb2/img/field/Abutilon%20hirtum/Picture%20076.jpg>
>>> *Abutilon pannosum*: herbarium
>>> <http://florakarnataka.ces.iisc.ernet.in/hjcb2/img/herb/Abutilon%20pannosum/P1010873.JPG>
>>> | description
>>> <http://florakarnataka.ces.iisc.ernet.in/hjcb2/img/pdf/Abutilon%20pannosum/246.pdf.jpg>
>>> To me your posted plant is *A. indicum*.
>>> Regards.
>>> Dinesh
>>>  The number of mericarps (25+) and their acute tips, and emarginate
>>> petals are pointing to *Abutilon hirtum*. The indumentum is supposed to
>>> have viscid hairs, please check.
>>> Vijay
>>>  Thank you sir.
>>> Here is a close up of the stem. Would you say there are viscid hair or
>>> only dense simple hair?
>>> Anurag N. Sharma
>>>  Thanks Anurag, it looks like viscid but I cannot tell for sure from
>>> the picture. When viscid glandular hairs present, it will be 'sticky' to
>>> touch.
>>> Vijay
>>>  It was clicked a long time back and the stem close up is something I
>>> failed to click at the time!
>>> If not A. hirtum, what else could it be sir?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>> Anurag N. Sharma
>>>
>>>  nice pictures esp number 8
>>> that makes it seem that it may have been sticky...
>>> like some fruits of some basil do and some plectranthus do... that
>>> slight dewy smallest "droplets" and they will also collect dirt..
>>>
>>> usha di
>>>
>>>    Most likely Abutilon indicum.- from Chauhan ji
>>>
>>>  efi pages on Abutilon indicum
>>> <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/m---z/m/malvaceae/abutilon/abutilon-indicum>
>>>  &
>>> Abutilon hirtum
>>> <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/m---z/m/malvaceae/abutilon/abutilon-hirtum>
>>>
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Anurag Sharma <[email protected]>
>>> Date: 27 February 2015 at 00:16
>>> Subject: [efloraofindia:216971] ANFEB39 Abutilon pannosum (please
>>> validate)
>>> To: [email protected]
>>>
>>>
>>> Family: Malvaceae
>>> Date: November 2014
>>> Place: Bangalore Rural
>>> Reference:
>>> http://florakarnataka.ces.iisc.ernet.in/hjcb2/img/pdf/Abutilon%20pannosum/246.pdf.jpg
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "efloraofindia" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> With regards,
>>> J.M.Garg
>>>
>>> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
>>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1>
>>> The whole world uses my Image Resource
>>> <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg> of more than a
>>> thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc.
>>> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as
>>> per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
>>>
>>> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian
>>> Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group
>>> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/indiantreepix> (largest in the
>>> world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or 
>>> Efloraofindia
>>> website <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/> (with a species
>>> database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of
>>> Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia
>>> <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/award-for-efloraofindia>.
>>>
>>> Also author of 'A Photoguide to the Birds of Kolkata & Common Birds of
>>> India'.
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Anurag N. Sharma
> BSc. (CBZ) 2nd Year
> St. Josephs College
> Bangalore
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to