Dear Group members,

  Please guide this young researcher.

Pankaj Oudhia

---

Respected Sir,

I am a Research Scholar at Karunya University, Coimbatore, India. My area of
interest is in molecular characterization of plants. I have reviewed many
articles stating the difficulty in the authentication of herbal plant
species. I am aware that most of the testing is done only upto the
phytochemical level using HPLC technique. However I would like to use the
molecular level of plant identification, such as SCAR( sequence
characterized amplified repeats) markers for their identification and want
to know *if there are any medicinal plants that are difficult to
authenticate using the existing analysis techniques* and for which a
molecular level of analysis will be useful.Thus my research can be of some
use in the field of  herbal drug authentication.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Christina V. Lyza,

Research Scholar,