Dear Friends,

 Sweltering heat and horrid humidity of Mumbai have been daring us to move
away from fan and AC’s………but Sagar Upavan is breathing out fragrance & only
fragrance..……we invite you all to breeze through the fragrance of the
flowers of Bakul (Mimusops elengi), Medshing ( Dolichandrone falcate), Sita
che Veni (Cithyrexylum spinosum) and gently touch the beautiful pink
flowers of Bauhinia monandra, Dhawada, Black Pearl (Harpullia
zanquebarica)……admire the aerodynamics seeds of Madhavi lata (Hiptage
benghalensis), mysterious Ardhaphool (Scaevolas taccada)……artistically
carved out delicate leaves of Jacaranda……*Join us for our Tree Appreciation
Walk at Sagar Upvan on 7th June.*

*The 62th Tree Appreciation walk is on 7th June,15*

*Time:  7.30 am*

*Venue:  Sagar Upvan, (Mumbai Port Trust Garden) near BEST Depot, Sassoon
Docks, Colaba.*

*Meeting Point:  Ticket Window (Please buy your own tickets Entry Fee Rs 2]*

*Duration of walk: 2 hours*

*Sagar Upvan commonly called BPT Garden is a 5 hacter botanical garden
behind the Sassoon Dock area of Colaba. It is divided into sections of
bamboos, figs, mangrove associates, flowering trees… and   has more than
200species of plants on this reclaimed land. There is even a small glass
house.  40 species of birds are noted. Aquatic bird’s species are attracted
to adjacent water- front. Barn Owls and bats are sighted at dusk.*

*An in-house sewage treatment plant meets the garden’s water requirement. *

*Please go through Shubhada, Dinesh and travelpod websites for photographs*

* of Sagar Upvan*

*http://www.flickr.com/photos/shubhada_nikharge/sets/72157616620043199/
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/shubhada_nikharge/sets/72157616620043199/>*

*http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/sets/72157603402486142/*
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/sets/72157603402486142/>

*list of the trees which we are planning to show is attached with this mail*

*Hope to see you all,*

*Cheers,*

*TAW Team*

 eflo