Thanks, Chris ji.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Fraser-Jenkins
Date: 7 May 2016 at 22:22
Subject: Re: Fwd: [efloraofindia:242390] 46-TSP-ID-27APR2016-2:Epiphytic
fern from Mullaianagiri for ID
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com>

Hello, sorry, I just got back to Nepal!  As you may know, the genus
Phymatopteris was rightly sunk into Selliguea (its type is a simple-leaved
species without teeth or notches) and no longer pertains - its former
species have either been placed all into Selliguea, or partly in Selliguea
and partly in Pichisermollodes - it is a matter of personal preference
which choice you make (I prefer the latter option). The Flora of China was
seriously out of date on it and also politically tinged.
Selliguea oxyloba does not occur at all in South India - its only specimen
from there was a report by Bir from Kodaikanal, but though the specimen is
indeed oxyloba it is one of the number of specimens collected in the
Himalaya and confusedly reported by Bir from Kodaikanal in his paper - as
discovered by Father Manickam and later by me.
Your photo is presumably Selliguea montana, which is a good species, not
the same as S. hastata as I thought previously.  This species has tiny
notches here and there in the marginal thickening, visible with a hand lens
- unlike S. oxyloba, which is entire. Could you confirm that?  Both S.
montana and S. oxyloba are immediately distinguishable from the other
Indian species by their decurrent laminar bases at the base of the
rachis/top of the stipe.
Several of the species mentioned by other respondents don't occur in South
India - one needs to be accurate in these matters and not just guess.
Cheers,
Chris Fraser-Jenkins, Kakkarbhitta, S.E. Nepal.