Dear Mr. Mani Nair,
First of all, how big is the tree, I mean the girth? Secondly find out
if there is any brown powdery stuff around its circumference. I have
seen badam trees attacked by white stem borers. In which case, you
will notice the presence of some powder around its girth clustered to
a thickness of say half an inch or more. The tree will be girdled by
the beetle, a bore will be found at one spot within this girdled area
and you will find a bore right up to its core. Under the circumstence
even if the tree perishes, you will start getting fresh shoots when it
rains. I have seen this happen at Kamshet where I was living years ago
at a farm.
I do not think any advertiser will use poison to eliminate an
obstruction to their hoarding.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.