Tanay now you are trying to confuse me. Let me put this way. hookeranum and
hookerianum are orothographic variants, so let us say same, although
hookerianum should be considered as grammatical correct and used preferably.
For a moment forget about these spelling differences. Now please note that
Hypericum leschenaultii Choisy (described in 1824) is an Indonesian species
with which Dyer in FBI (1874) also identified some Indian specimens and he
also provided a new combination H. hookeranum var. leschenaultii (Choisy)
Dyer. As it turns out now Indian specimens are different from Indonesian
plant. For this Indian plant Wall had suggested name H. choisianum which
Robson validated in 1974 in Flora Pakistan (hence Wall. ex Robson). This
also means that H. hookeranum var. leschenaultii sensu Dyer (and not H.
hookerianum (or hookeranum)  Wt. & Arnott. (please note that if there are
more than one varieties within this species, then this type hookerianum
would be correctly called H. hookerianum Wt. & Arnott. var. hookerianum
(autonym so no author) , not even H. leschenaultii Choisy) is the synonym of
H. choisianum Wall. ex Robson (or more correctly choisyanum as per Flora
China- as Choisy is correct spelling).
    Similarly, please note that H. oblongifolium Choisy is a distinct
species, which Wallich gave identification for some Indian plants now
correctly identified as H. choisianum. So again H. oblongifolium sensu Wall.
and not H. oblongifolium Choisy is synonym of H. choisianum.
              Differentiating features of species are given by Robson in Fl.
Pakistan

    I hope I have made things clear.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089