Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:02:02 +0530
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:30190] Request for ID Iris- 180310RA1
From: tanaybos...@gmail.com
To: phadke.sat...@gmail.com
CC: rashidaatt...@hotmail.com; indiantreepix@googlegroups.com

dear Rashida ji,

NEOMARICA GRACILIS
Apostle's Iris

>From the Iris family comes this Neomarica with sword shaped leaves and
>fragrant flowers. The delicate flowers last only a day but the plant continues
>to form new blooms for long periods of time during late spring months. Makes
>also an excellent houseplant.
This is not a water Iris, be careful not to overwater. Neomarica gracilis is a
type of walking Iris. Once the flower is spent, the stem that
it was born on lays to the ground and from that a new plant is formed. For that
reason it is said to be walking across your garden.
You can divide plants and plant them in new locations.

Regards
Tanay

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:

Excellent pictures of a beautiful flower.
Appears to be Neomarica gracilis posted earlier by some from Delhi and Munnar.
Dr Phadke

On 18 March 2010 19:41, rashida atthar <rashidaatt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

This beautiful garden variety was seen last sunday, details below. Request
species ID.
Thank you.

Date/Time:

14 March ’10,  around 10.00am

Location - Place, Altitude, GPS:

Rani baug, Mumbai

Habitat- Garden/Urban/Wild/Type:

Urban, garden

Plant Habit- Tree/Shrub/Climber/Herb:

Herb

Height/Length:

small

Leaves –Type/Shape/size :

Linear, parallel venation,glossy

Inflorescence Type/ size :

Solitary on top

Flowers - size /Colour/Calyx/ Bracts:

White, blue, maroon speckled-six free with scape and spathe.

Fruits Type/Shape/Size :

Not seen

Other information like Fragrance/ Odour/ Pollinator/Uses and so on:

Pleasant mild fragrance.

 regards,
Rashida.

IPL - III and all the controversies Drag n’ drop

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)