Dear Satish,
  If you did not see flowering, and the leaves looked similar, and
smelt of garlic, it must be Garlic Vine (Cydista aequinoctialis),
whose leaves look very similar to the ones here - elliptic, smooth.
The leaves smell of garlic when crushed.
   http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Garlic%20Vine.html
   - Tabish