Hello Sir,

Congratulations to Dr. Samir Mehtaji.

However, I am little confused when I read the title of this email - *New
Generic Record* for Maharashtra.

The Genus *Tamarix* is well represented in Maharashtra.

Mahabale, (1987) Maharashtra State Gazetteers Botany & Flora of
Maharashtra, 296, reports four species of Tamarix, namely *T. ericoides*, *T.
dioica*, *T. indica (=T. gallica) & T. aphylla (=T. articulata).* The last
one, *T. aphylla*, Mahabale had reported it from Marathwada.

Maharashtra state Gazetteers Gen Series Vol A Botany (Revised edition) Part
III Miscellaneous plants, page 301-2, 1961 mentions *T. dioica* from
Konkan.

At Blatter Herbarium, we have *T. indica* from Uran collected P. Diwakar
(Almeida, Fl Maharashtra I: 80, 1996) ; *T. dioica* - collected from
Chiplun (Santapau) and many other localities including W. Khandesh and
Vidabha (Mahabale);  *T. ericoides* from Kankavali collected by Mahabale;
Karjat Raigad dist) - NA Irani,].

We also have two specimens of *T. aphylla* from Sindh and Karachi.

*In above situation, can we call it a "new generic record"??*

Rajendra Shinde