Difficult to reach to any correct identity with these images; I understand
Chadwell Ji is right in expressing his views for posting more images
showing characteristic features.
However, I humbly disagree with his conclusion that eFI has no use being
littered with misidentified images. Any database is not free of mistakes,
misidentifications even though it is made by experts of the fields. The
problems arise (like here) when we do not have proper images available and
even though we expect identifications. I have many plants (images)
unidentified in my collection but I usually do not upload them for Id with
a casual approach "just have a try" because I understand that images
available with me are not sufficient for showing required characteristics
(since species/genus /family is unknown, I do not even know which
characteristics are important in identification) and the other people
(experts) have to toil hard to reach even to any tentative ID. Better not
waste their valuable time.
Whenever a post with insufficient details comes I use to keep silent which
is better than feeling hurt. Members cant be forced to follow posting
guidelines.
Said post of Garg Ji (quoted by Chadwell Ji) was not embedded with the
feeling as felt by Chadwell Ji; it was just to show that someone has left
the group and it is a loss to us. It will still be a loss if he leaves now.
Since both gates (in and out) are always open to anyone interested, we
appreciate whenever someone joins and contribute but we hardly criticize
when someone leaves.
DSRawat Pantnagar