Yes Dinesh.
 I perhaps wrote Madacascar in error. It is Mauritius. It is described in
Hooker's Flora of British India, and Flora of Java. Strange we have few
local names. Useful Plants of India by CSIR does not list it, may be
medicinal importance is recent attention. I have simultaneously posted this
on Bodhi group also. Let us wait for inputs from them also.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/