Dear sir,
*Terminalia cuneata* Roxb. could be the recent name. [Tamil name: Vellai
marudu] local name here refers the the 'white bark'

*Terminalia elliptica* Willd. is different one sir, [Tamil name: Karu
marudu] local name here refers the the 'black bark'

Both are recent nomenclatures.
Kindly refer Flora of Tamil Nadu, VOL. I, 1983 and  Matthew, 1983

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow