Nymphaea candida is supposed to have ovate-oblong petals. The petals
in the pictures here look too pointy. My second doubt comes from the
color of the flower, which looks pale yellow rather than white.
 I suspect it to be Nymphaea mexicana. See the following links:
   http://www.wildflower.org/gallery/result.php?id_image=14548

http://www.ew.govt.nz/Policy-and-plans/Regional-Pest-Management-Strategy/Regional-Pest-Management-Strategy-2008-2013/Part-2/5-Pest-plants/54-Potential-pest-plants/5414-Mexican-water-lily-Nymphaea-mexicana/
  However, I cannot say all this confidently.
   - Tabish