Thank you Gurcharan ji for suggesting introducing QR codes for EFI and FOI.
QR code is essentially an optical label. It is useful in places where we
want to use visual medium to convert to an electronic address. In webpages,
emails and electronic messages one can directly use URLs to point to a
flower webpage. There QR codes are not very useful.
One way, that I can offhand think of, it can be useful for FOI is for
example in flower shows or exhibitions, if there are placards on each plant
displaying QR code pointing to the FOI page for that plant, visitors can
just use their smartphones to know more about those plants.
As far as generating QR codes is concerned, I can easily generate QR codes
for all the existing flower species on FOI.
 Lets use see in what ways we can use this modern tool for dispensing flora
information better.
   Best wishes
   Tabish
<http://www.flowersofindia.net>www.flowersofindia.net