Saroj ji
*wikipedia *is mostly write ups, supported by media
(photos, line drawing, graphs, charts, statistical data in tabulated form)
etc

files of which are mostly (or all) stored in *Wikimedia*

and then when an editor writes about something in the Wikipedia,
he or she or they (all editors) choose appropriate pictures
form  vast numbers of files. in the *wikimedia*

that's how I had found Garg ji many many years ago
 with his thousands of pictures  in wikimedia
many of which are used in the Wikipedia essays
and wikispecies  headings.

Now there are many more categories in wiki
and JM Garg photos are in Wikimedia commons
at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:J.M.Garg
and https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg

Garg ji
did I say it right?