Dear Friends

The next Tree Appreciation Walk is on20th October 2019 at Turzon,Charkop.

Turzon is a unique place-where tropical forest meets mangrove forest and
jungle becomes mangal. One side there is a hillock full of tropical forest
trees while the other side is a mangrove forest. In-between lies the water
body full of Lotus! During monsoon wild flowers come up & then grasses.

Last time we had concentrated on mangroves of Turzon. Now it will be wild
flowers. Luffa aegyptica is in full glory with male & female flowers and
fruits of all sizes. Two types of Corchorus is seen …our back bone of jute
industry. We will also discuss  pollination in Ficus hispida[Kala Umbar]
which like Ficus carica[anjeer] is dioceous,where husband/wife live
separately!How does the designer wasp of Kala Umbar,who came into existence
75 million years ago…manages this!

Come and find out.

*Date         :  20th October 2019 at 8 a.m.*

*Duration :  2 hours*

*Meeting Point: Last bus stop of Bus No. 276 Charkop Sector 8.*

*Bus starts from Kandivali Station [West side] & get down at the last
stop.  If you come by Rickshaw say  Sector8 Charkop last bus stop. *

*Google Maps link to the meeting point….*

*https://goo.gl/map/zdrgcfADDZ22* <https://goo.gl/map/zdrgcfADDZ22>

*Please carry water, wear cap and proper shoes.*

*Cheers*

*Registration is compulsory as the path is very narrow and difficult for
large number of people to pass through & I am alone. We are taking 20
people and request you to send the email to me  for registration……*

*Usha Desai  :  **ushande...@gmail.com* <ushande...@gmail.com>

*And as you all are aware that in forest we have to follow certain Do's &
Don'ts........Here are some....*

*a)     Please wear dull cloths only......preferably dark green, brown,
black.*

*b)    No plastics bags or wrappers.....carry food or snacks in boxes which
you carry back home.*

*c)   Carry Odomos or any mosquito repellent, drinking water.*

*d) Stay with the group.*

*e) Each one responsible for their own safety .*

*f])Take nothing from nature.*

*    Leave nothing behind except your footprints.*

* List of the plants will be given later*

Cheers

*TAW  Team*