Mahadeswara ji
you will be correct in your inference
I am NOT a botanist

I believe in being scientific, that's all
but also humanistic and believe in ANEKANTAVAAD
which says many opinions may be// are going to be.... correct, so respect
all opinions.
so I keep an open mind .
but my students will tell you i am a task master and say that they love me
!!!
go figure.:)  :)
A task master who is loved????

I am also a Physician
and good at differential diagnosis
insist on it
otherwise the patients will suffer
And that' s also  me.

And as far as botany is concerned
I also believe that the Earth is evolving continuously
hence what was described a hundred  or two hundred years ago may not hold
true now  !!!
like the tree line moving up the mountains and glaciers disappearing
so nothing is written in stone.

etc etc

Regards
Ushadi