Dear Nalini Ji,
Its hard to tell whats is the difference between Durva (*Cynodon dactylon*)
and other grasses,. Grass is really a vague term (we call all Poaceae &
Cyperaceae members of the world as GRASS commonly) in a lawn or a meadow
there may be several grass species, hence really tough to say how it  will
look in contrast with the other members (if we don't know other names of the
grass present there). The links I am attaching may help you a bit
http://www.missouriplants.com/Grasses/Cynodon_dactylon_page.html
http://www.tropicalforages.info/key/Forages/Media/Html/Cynodon_dactylon.htm

Regards
Tanay

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 5:43 PM, shubhada nikharge <
shubhada_nikha...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Nalini ji,
> To my knowledge thin leaved grass with 3 or 5 blades  is offered to Lord
> gansha as Durva.
> I remember having collected 21 durvas for my mom in the childhood. As per
> her instructions the 1st preference was to collect with 3 blades.
> Cheers,
> Shubhada
>

> "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can
> do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)