Dear members,
I got confused between these two this time also, as I always was.
So I decided to go deep into the subject.
I could not find the description of Nanorrhinum incanum on the net anywhere
except at Scrophulariaceae of the Western Himalayas
<http://books.google.co.in/books?id=akXKOaT69SwC&pg=PA59&lpg=PA59&dq=Kickxia+ramosissima&source=bl&ots=tnvP1RvwF6&sig=S6WAqH0lyUbR7BpXbcSWBvJwtZE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=zKygUYz4IcqmrAfDq4H4Cg&ved=0CFYQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=Kickxia%20ramosissima&f=false>
By Francis . Pennell (1943- Description & Keys- *Kickxia* *ramosissima,
incana &* *subsessilis*).
*As per description given above for both the species, there is much
variation from each of them for our posts *at *Nanorrhinum incanum* (Wall.)
Betsche
<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/m---z/p/plantaginaceae/nanorrhinum/kickxia-incana>
and *Nanorrhinum ramosissimum* (Wall.) Betsche
<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/m---z/p/plantaginaceae/nanorrhinum/kickxia-ramosissima>
*There seems to be no consistency w.r.t. hairiness of the plants *(as
in *Nanorrhinum
ramosissimum* (Wall.) Betsche
<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/m---z/p/plantaginaceae/nanorrhinum/kickxia-ramosissima>
whole
plant including the external surface of the corolla is supposed to be
glabrous).* I could not find upper lip purpluish in any of our observations
*at *Nanorrhinum incanum* (Wall.) Betsche
<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/m---z/p/plantaginaceae/nanorrhinum/kickxia-incana>
and *Nanorrhinum ramosissimum* (Wall.) Betsche
<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/m---z/p/plantaginaceae/nanorrhinum/kickxia-ramosissima>
In one of our observations from Aurangabad, at ID21022014PHK1
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/indiantreepix/05lcHKNC-9w>, I
found spur to be different and purple spotting on the lips.
As per Flora of Peninsular India
<http://flora-peninsula-indica.ces.iisc.ac.in/herbsheet.php?id=8931&cat=7>,
Nanorrhinum
incanum is found only in Pune, Satara and Sindhugarh districts of
Maharashtra in Peninsular India.
Specimens in GBIF
<https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/gallery?taxon_key=3737199> and
details at Catalogue
of Life
<http://www.catalogueoflife.org/col/details/species/id/958674bbcb49d44e69686da8fb1b6842/synonym/28e365781139e356e3a652c9adf1125a>
POWO
<http://www.plantsoftheworldonline.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:914263-1>
Annotated checklist of the flowering plants of Nepal
<http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=110&taxon_id=242423669> for
Nanorrhinum incanum did not help.
Can anybody have keys of both species to know further differences,
particularly Flora of Maharashtra or any other source?
Awaiting for your valuable feedback.