Thanks a lot Vijayshanker ji.

We had noticed this article earlier on our google searches for our ficus but
we didn't come across the statement that both the leaf arrangements are
common in young.

Also in this article both the young saplings from Thailand seem to
demonstrate the opposite pattern rather than alternate (both don't fit in
with our sapling although the leaves look very similar).

Could our's be some other variant?

regards,

rakesh