Thanks a lot, Rajeev ji

J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: rajeev singh <>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep, 2020, 3:15 pm
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:359257] Request for Identifying a native tree
species.
To: J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>

Dear Garg jee,

The images is of genus Alseodaphne not Litsea. In Litsea the fruits seated
on cupular, discopid or cup-shaped perianth tube.

In Alseodaphne fruits are  purplish black when mature, ovoid, oblong or
subglobose; stalk red, green or yellow, nearly cylindric, fleshy, always
warty, truncate at apex.

It is very similar to Alseodaphne khasyana (Meisn.) Kosterm.

On Sunday, 20 September, 2020, 02:07:02 pm IST, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>