I still think it is *Uncaria laevigata, *although I am not able to say it
with full confidence. The details of the flowers agree with the images here:

http://www.qsbg.org/Database/plantdb/herbarium/herbarium-specimen.asp?qsbgno=35035
Inflorescence and leaf underside do not appear to agree well with
* Uncaria sessilifructus
<http://powo.science.kew.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:768311-1>  *
The hooked thorns in this genus are generally paired in most species.
However, in my plant they don't seem to be paired. In the herbarium image of*
Uncaria laevigata
<http://powo.science.kew.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:768268-1>* at
POWO <http://powo.science.kew.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:768268-1>,
also don't seem to be paired. However, I could not find mention of the
nature of thorns in the description at Flora of China. In many images of U.
laevigata on GBIF too, I find unpaired thorns. Don't know if it is a
feature of this species or a coincidence.
My plant doesn't agree well with the illustration of Uncaria scandens here:
http://www.plantillustrations.org/illustration.php?id_illustration=10875
   Any more inputs will be welcome.
   Tabish
<http://www.flowersofindia.net>www.flowersofindia.net